Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get complete visibility of your assets as data from Netskope is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Netskope in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key asset and software information
- Configurable reports to share information about assets and software with your colleagues and management such as corporate-wide reports that detail the distribution and status of the assets and software in your environment
Before you start
Netskope requires an API key for authorization. For information on generating the Netskope API key, refer to Netscope API documentation.
Adding the credentials
To stream Netskope user data into Oomnitza, complete the following steps:
- Click Settings > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- Add the information details.
- On the AUTHORIZATION tab, complete these actions:
- Ensure that API Key is selected.
- Ensure that the token name is token.
- Enter the API Key.
- Ensure that Add to Header is selected.
- Click SAVE.
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your Netskope integrations with Oomnitza.
Setting the Netskope subdomain as a global variable
To save time entering information when you create the asset integration, you can add the Netskope subdomain as a global variable in Oomnitza.
- In Oomnitza, click Settings > Global Settings.
- Click Add new variable (+).
- Enter NetSkope.Tenant Domain as the variable name.
- Enter your Netskope subdomain. If your subdomain is
https://mycompany.goskope.comyour subdomain would be:
- Save your changes.
Creating the asset integration
To configure the integration for the Netskope Asset Load, complete the following steps:
- In Oomnitza, click Settings > Integrations.
- Click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Assets.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New Asset Integration sidebar, click Netskope.
- To integrate Oomnitza with the Netskope Asset Load, click APPLY and then click NEXT twice.
On the connect page, complete the following steps to connect the integration:
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as Netskope Assets. This name will be displayed on the Integrations page once the setup is complete.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials from the Oomnitza vault that you added for the connection. For further information, refer to Adding the credentials.
- From the Integration Preferences list, select Create & Update.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Your subdomain should be derived from the global variable you created when Setting the Netskope subdomain as a global variable. Alternatively, click Set Manually to manually enter your subdomain.
- Click Next.
Creating custom mappings
Map Netskope fields to Oomnitza fields to get the asset information that you need. For the field mapping, it is recommended to follow these steps:
- Click Smart Mapping.
- You have the option to create custom mappings to map any other field that you want to add to Oomnitza. To create an optional custom mapping, do the following:
- Click the down arrow on the field that you want to map.
- Select Add new Oomnitza assets field.
- Change the name of the field.
- Click CREATE.
- Map and assign a sync key. For example, you can map the Hostname field to a custom Oomnitza field that you created in step 2 and assign a sync key.
- Click NEXT.
Client Install Time
Last Event Actor
Last Event Status
Last Event Timestamp
NS Device Uid
When you've completed mapping Netskope fields to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN NOW.
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
You can create asset workflows to reduce your workload and automate complex and repetitive tasks. For example, provided that you have the fields mapped in your integration, you could trigger a workflow to notify you every time a new asset is onboarded. To create a notification workflow, complete the following steps:
- From the menu, click Assets > Workflow.
- Click Add (+). The Begin and End blocks are automatically added to the sandbox.
- Enter the name and a description of the workflow.
- Edit the Begin block by adding the rules that will trigger the workflow. For information on the type of triggers you can create, refer to Begin Block.
- Click the Blocks tab, and drag and drop the Notification block onto the canvas.
- Customize your Notification block so that you can receive a notification when the Begin block is triggered. For information on customizing the Notification block, refer to Notification Workflow Block.
- Connect the blocks.
- Validate, launch, and save your workflow.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your users and software
- Configure custom reports about your users and software
- Create workflows to automate tasks
See Getting started for more information.