Once you have created your kit and defined its contents, you can assign it to a user.
- Navigate to one of the following locations:
- Locations > Stockrooms > Accessories
- Locations > Stockrooms > Kits
- Accessories > Kits > Stockrooms
- Click the New Action icon on the upper right of the window.
- Select Assign from the Action type.
- Search and add a user.
- Search and add a stockroom or a kit. If you want to distinguish between new accessories and second-hand or used accessories, follow the steps in Show new and used accessories in a stockroom to configure the view.
- You can define the quantity and type of accessories you wish to assign to your selected kit. You can also define if that accessory is available on Loan only and enter an expected Return date.
- Click Assign or Assign All to complete the transaction.
Why can't I find my kit in the stockroom?
Once you have linked a kit to a stockroom, you can only assign a kit to a user from that stockroom. Link the kit to more stockrooms if you wish to assign a kit from more than one stockroom. Alternatively, remove the linkage entirely if you want to ability to assign any kit from a stockroom.
If there is an insufficient quantity of accessories, you will receive the following error message when assigning accessories: Requested quantity of X is not available, X in stock.Return to your stockroom and review your accessory quantity. You can resolve the issue by restocking the accessory stockroom. See Manually adding stockroom accessories. Alternatively, you can assign the current quantity of accessories.
The error Accessory has not been added to this stockroom indicates that the accessory hasn't been added to the stockroom as it does not exist in that current stockroom. You can resolve the issue by adding the accessory to the stockroom. See Manually adding stockroom accessories. Alternatively, Cancel that particular accessory and proceed with the assignment of the remaining accessories that exist in that stockroom.