When you create a kit, you can assign it to a user.
- To assign the kit to a user, choose one of the following options:
- Click Locations > Stockrooms > Accessories
- Click Locations > Stockrooms > Kits
- Click Hardware > Kits > Stockrooms
- Click New Action .
- From the Action type list, select Assign.
- Search and add a user.
- Search and add a stockroom or a kit. If you want to distinguish between new accessories and second-hand accessories, see Show new and used accessories in a stockroom to configure the view.
- You can specify the quantity and type of accessories you want to assign to the selected kit. You can also define if that accessory is available on Loan only and enter the expected Return date.
- Click Assign or Assign All to complete the transaction.
Why can't I find my kit in the stockroom?
Once you have linked a kit to a stockroom, you can only assign a kit to a user from that stockroom. Link the kit to more stockrooms if you wish to assign a kit from more than one stockroom. Alternatively, remove the link to the stockroom if you want to assign any kit from a stockroom.
If there is an insufficient quantity of accessories, you will receive the following error message when assigning accessories: Requested quantity of X is not available, X in stock. Return to the stockroom and review your accessory quantity. You can resolve the issue by restocking the accessory stockroom. See Manually adding stockroom accessories. Alternatively, you can assign the current quantity of accessories.
The error Accessory has not been added to this stockroom indicates that the accessory hasn't been added to the stockroom as it does not exist in that current stockroom. You can resolve the issue by adding the accessory to the stockroom. See Manually adding stockroom accessories. Alternatively, Cancel that particular accessory and proceed with the assignment of the remaining accessories that exist in that stockroom.