Client ID and Secret
ObserveIT uses OAuth 2.0 authentication and requires your Client ID and Secret to be added to Oomnitza. To obtain this information, complete the following steps:
- From the ObserveIT Developer Console, click the in the upper-right corner and select Developer Portal from the menu.
- From the Developer Portal, select Credentials and then click Create App.
- Give the application a name.
- Enter the following scopes:
- In Allowed Grants, check Client Credentials.
- Enter the following redirect URI:
- Click Save.
- Click the application you just created and then select Generate Token. Keep your credentials safe for adding to Oomnitza in the next step.
For further information and for tips on troubleshooting the ObserveIT Developer Console, refer to Observe IT API Documentation: Getting Started.
Observe IT URL
You will also need to supply the full URL of your ObserveIT instance when adding your credentials to Oomnitza, for example
Adding your credentials
To stream ObserveIT data into Oomnitza, and the credentials that you obtained to Oomnitza:
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > Security > Credentials.
- Click Add new credential (+).
- Search for the integration, and then click the forward button > to select the integration.
- Enter your client credentials and any other additional information.
- Click Authenticate. You are prompted to log in to authorize your request.
- Click CREATE.
If the integration is not listed, click Advanced Mode, and add your credentials.
- Add the information details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Ensure that OAuth 2.0 is selected as the Authorization type.
- Ensure that ObserveIT is selected from the SaaS list.
- Enter the OAuth credentials.
- Click Authenticate.
- Click Create.