Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get complete visibility of your assets as data from Google Chrome OS devices is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and your Google Chrome OS devices in minutes
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key asset information
- Configurable reports to share information about your assets with your colleagues and management
Before you start
The Google Workspace Chrome Devices asset load retrieves a list of Chrome OS devices within an account.
The Google Workspace Chrome devices API uses OAuth2-based authentication. Instructions on how to set up an OAuth2 App and add your credentials to the Oomnitza vault can be found here: Adding Google (OAuth 2.0) credentials.
When creating these credentials, the following scope is required:
For more information see Google API Documentation: chromeosdevices.list
Creating the asset integration
To configure the integration, complete the following steps:
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration> Integrations> Overview.
- Click Block view
- Scroll down to the Extended section for asset integrations.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- Select the integration in the sidebar.
- Click ADD.
More information is provided about the following fields to help you complete the integration:
- Integration preferences: By default, the option Create & Update is selected, which allows for editing existing asset records and adding new ones. If your goal is only to edit existing asset records, choose Update Only. On the other hand, if you only want to add new records, select Create Only.
To review or update the integrations details, click the pencil:
- Update the integration name if necessary.
- For installation type decide whether you want to store the credentials locally or in Oomnitza:
- Select Local if you want to store credentials locally. This mode does not support OAuth or AWS authentication.
- Select Cloud if you want to store credentials in your Oomnitza instance.
- For integration preferences, select an option.
- Enter the name of the integration user.
Choose one of the following options:
- Select the credentials that were created for the integration.
- Edit the credentials that were created for the integration.
- Create new credentials
By default, user data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Click the pencil.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click Update.
To map the fields to Oomnitza, click the pencil.
Creating custom mappings
Map the Google Chrome Workspace device fields to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the user information that you need.
Complete these actions:
- Click Smart Mapping.
- Create a custom mapping for the Device ID field. To do this, complete these steps:
- Click the down arrow on the ID field.
- Select Add new Oomnitza assets field.
- Change the name of the new field to Google Chromebook Device ID.
- Click CREATE.
- Assign a sync key to the Serial Number field.
- Click UPDATE.
Annotated Asset ID
Auto Update Expiration
Last Enrollment Time
Last Sync Date
Operating System Version
Org Unit Path
System Ram Total
Did you know?
You can define rules for your integration by selecting Edit integration on the mapping page. For example, you may only want to run the integration if a certain contact or region exists. See Filtering integration results.
You can add new fields to your integration by selecting Add new field on the mapping page. All you need to do is specify the property name. See Creating custom API fields.
Launching the integration
Your integration is in Draft mode until all the required mandatory fields are added. Once you have added all of the required fields, select Launch to activate your integration.
If you selected Cloud as the installation type when creating the integration, refer to Running an extended integration
If you selected Local as the installation type when creating the integration, refer to Running an extended integration locally.
Getting your results
To view the information that is collected about your assets, click Assets. To view the information about software, click the Software tab.
To view the information that is collected about your users, click People. If you selected User plus SaaS User when running the user integration, you can also find a list of users in the Software > SaaS menu
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your users and software
- Configure custom reports about your users and software
- Create workflows to automate tasks
See Getting started for more information.