The Oomnitza plug-in for Freshservice embeds your Oomnitza-linked devices in the Freshservice ticket view and provides a link back to the full record in Oomnitza. From Oomnitza you can search for a linked device and extract a list of Freshservice tickets associated with the device.
Key features of the Oomnitza integration for desk agents include:
- Immediate visibility of assets linked to the ticket reporter.
- Link assets effortlessly to any Freshservice ticket.
- Edit asset details right within Freshservice.
- Gain immediate visibility of Freshservice tickets connected to an asset from within your Oomnitza interface.
Setting up this integration requires an installation on the Freshservice end and an installation on the Oomnitza end to allow for the systems to communicate.
Before you start
You can now use the newly added global setting in your instance to ensure secure Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS). For more details, refer to the Enhanced CORS Policy for Service Desk integrations
The following instructions assume that you already have a Freshservice Cloud space and credentials to log in as admin.
Install the plug-in
- Log in to your Freshservice account.
- Click the Marketplace Apps icon in the upper right.
- Click Marketplace Apps again to explore the app marketplace.
- Find the Oomnitza plug-in in the list and select it.
- On the Oomnitza plug-in page click Install
- In the Domain field, enter your Oomnitza URL: https://subdomain.oomnitza.com
- Click Install once more.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Configuring permissions for Freshservice
Create a custom role to ensure your users only have the relevant permission to use the app:
- Navigate to Admin > Roles and click on New Role.
- Give your role a name and description.
- Ensure you have the following privileges selected:
- Tickets: View Tickets
- Administration: Perform Operational Admin actions, View Requesters
- Click Save.
When assigning the role to a user, you have the option to select across all groups in the helpdesk, in their member and observer groups, or for items assigned to them. You can use these options to further limit or restrict the tickets that the user has access to. For detailed information, refer to the Freshservice documentation: Setting up Roles & Role-Based Access Controls.
Configuring permissions for Oomnitza
You'll also need to make sure your user has permission to view assets in Oomnitza since the Oomnitza assets will be presented in the Freshservice sidebar.
- Navigate to Configuration > Security and click on the user role, i.e. Employee.
- Select the Permissions tab.
- For Assets, select Add, Edit access.
Getting your Freshservice API token
Before you proceed to the next steps, you need to get your Freshservice API token. To get your token, complete the following steps:
- Click your profile picture
- Choose Profile settings
- In the sidebar on the right, you should see a Your API key section. You may need to confirm that you are not a robot. Once you do so your API key will be revealed.
- Copy the API token to the right of the page
- Navigate to Configuration > Integrations > Overview in Oomnitza
- Click Block view
- Go to the Service Desk Integrations section and click the Freshservice icon to start the integration process.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Freshservice subdomain. In case your Freshdesk URL is https://mycompany.freshdesk.com , the name of your Freskdesk instance would be "mycompany"
- Enter the Freshservice API token that you obtained in the previous step.
- Click Connect.
- Map Freshservice tickets fields to Oomnitza assets fields to define which assets should be displayed and when. For example, if you map the Freshservice Requester field to the Assigned to Oomnitza field, in Freshservice you will be able to see all assets assigned to the requester in Oomnitza. To configure mappings you need to drag the field from the Freshservice column and drop it to the necessary field in the Oomnitza column.
- Click NEXT to jump to the last step.
- Set which Oomnitza asset attributes should be displayed in the Freshservice plug-in and click FINISH to complete the integration.
After the integration is completed and running you will see a Freshservice block with a green line at the bottom.
Some fields may have an Editable checkbox. Select Editable if you want this field to be editable in Freshservice plug-in or deselect to make it 'read only'.