In Creating a service desk integration for Freshservice, you can find out how to sync Oomnitza and Freshservice and determine when the integration is synced and the assets that are pulled from Oomnitza and displayed by the plug-in.
Now, you can learn how to use Freshservice tickets using the plug-in.
Viewing an Oomnitza asset in a Freshservice ticket
To view an Oomnitza asset in a Freshservice ticket:
- Navigate to a ticket in Freshservice. The list of Oomnitza assets associated with the ticket is displayed in the IT Asset Management byOomnitza section on the right.
- If you have an active Oomnitza session open in your browser, you'll be automatically logged in. Otherwise, click Log in
- Select View in Oomnitza to view the assets in Oomnitza.
Attaching an Oomnitza asset to a Freshservice ticket
- Navigate to a ticket in Freshservice and click the IT Asset Management by Oomnitza section on the right.
- Search for the asset in the search bar.
- Hover on the asset and select the paperclip icon.
- This will link the asset to the ticket. You can hover on the asset and select the paperclip again to detach it from an incident.
Modifying an Oomnitza asset in a Freshservice ticket
Prerequisites: The Oomnitza field must be defined as Editable when following the steps in Configure Oomnitza.
To modify an asset for an incident in Freshservice, complete the following actions:
- Navigate to a ticket in Freshservice and click the IT Asset Management byOomnitza section on the right.
- Click View in Oomnitza.
Enter a new value in the Oomnitza field you wish to change. If it is a text field, enter the new information in the textbox, and then click outside the text box to update. If it is a dropdown field, scroll through your list and select the necessary value from the list.
- Click Save.
Your asset is now updated in Freshservice and Oomnitza.
Viewing Freshservice incidents in an Oomnitza asset
To view tickets associated with an asset in Oomnitza, complete the following actions:
- Navigate to the Assets tab in Oomnitza.
- Open an assets record.
Select the Tickets tab, and select the Freshservice icon.
- All of the tickets in Freshservice that are associated with the asset are displayed. You will see the status, ticket subject, description, created date, and a link to the incident in Freshservice. You can also delete the association between the asset and the ticket by clicking the bin icon.
Creating an automated ticket creation workflow
Depending on what you decide to set as a trigger, you can create an automated workflow to create new tickets in Freshservice using the Freshservice Create Ticket preset.
Disabling the plugin
We recommend that you disable the plugin in the order mentioned below.
1. Disable the plugin in Oomnitza
To disable the plugin in Oomnitza, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Configuration > Integrations > Overview in Oomnitza
- Click Block view
- Scroll down to Service Desk Integrations, and click the Freshservice tile.
- Click Switch Off to turn off the plugin in Oomnitza.
2. Disable the plugin in Freshservice
To uninstall the plugin in Freshservice, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Admin > Apps
- Click the Settings dropdown next to the IT Asset Management by Oomnitza plugin.
- Choose Uninstall App