The SaaS integration for Google enables you to integrate your Google SaaS software within your Oomnitza instance.
The authentication in this case is through the Google Identity Service which is used for all Google Services, including but not limited to Workspace as well as Cloud Platform.
Google Identity Service leverages OAuth authentication. Instructions on setting up a Google Workspace OAuth2 App and add your credentials to the Oomnitza vault can be found here: Adding Google (OAuth 2.0) credentials.
GSuite SaaS management user integration
Oomnitza supports the ability to retrieve SaaS User info from Google SSO, for use in Oomnitza SaaS management user integration.
Select the following scopes when using the SaaS management user integration:
For further information refer to OAuth 2.0 Scopes for Google APIs.
Creating the integration
- From the menu, click Configuration > Integrations > Overview.
- Click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the SaaS Management Integrations section.
- Click G Suite.
- Click Next.
- On the Connect page, enter the domain of your Google Account, and select your Google OAuth2 credentials.
- Select your system's Look Back Synchronization. This is the lookback time period that the SaaS integration queries the data.
- Select the Default User Role. This is used when the SSO tries to reference a user that doesn't currently exist in Oomnitza. In this scenario, a new user will be created with the default role you have specified here.
- Select the Username format. This is the format that a new user's username will take.
- Select Restrict Access to Oomnitza if you wish to restrict the created users from logging in to Oomnitza.
- Click Next.
By default, user data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
What to do next
If you want to see the information that is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN NOW.
For information on deactivating a SaaS integration, refer to Deactivating an integration.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your users, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your users and software
- Configure custom reports about your users and software
- Create workflows to automate tasks
See Getting started for more information.