Use the Approval block allows to create workflows that request approval from a specified user or set of users.
You can complete different workflow actions depending on whether the Approvers approve or reject the action.
The Approval workflow block has three pages:
Configuring an Approval block
Complete the following steps:
- On the Information page, add a descriptive name for the approval.
- As Notification type, select Workstream, or Email, or both.
- Add more descriptive names for the Reject and Accept labels.
- By default, Include Link is selected. A link to the record that triggered the workflow when the workflow is run will be included in the approval message.
- Specify a timeout for the approval.
- On the Recipients page, assign the approval. Choose one of the following options:
- Initiliaizer. The person who runs the workflow is the approver.
- Owner. You can choose the person who the object is assigned to as the Approver, or the assignee, or the person who created or updated the record.
- Role. The approval is assigned to users who have a specific role.
- User. Enter the email addresses of the Approvers.
- On the Message page, type the subject of the message. To include metadata fields, click .
- Enter the message.
- To include metadata fields, click .
When the approval request is sent, the Approve and Reject buttons are dynamically inserted below the message.
To configure the email header and footer, click Configuration > General > Global Settings. Change the key values for the email.header and email.footer.
To configure the email header and footer, click Configuration > General > Global Settings. Change the key values for the
email.footer. Learn more