Oomnitza's Offboard Licenses Workflow block allows users to remove both desktop and SaaS Licenses from a user when changes occur within Oomnitza. For example, a user's licenses can be revoked when that user's status changes to Offboarding. The workflow block is organized in 3 tabs: Information, Recipients and Message.
To create an Offboard Licenses block, complete the following steps:
- From the menu, select Configuration> Workflows > People.
- Click Add (+). The Begin and End blocks are automatically added to the sandbox.
- Enter the name and a description of the workflow.
- Edit the Begin block. Add rules that will trigger the workflow, for example, the OffBoarding Date equals Current Date.
- Click the Blocks tab, and drag and drop the Offboard Licenses block onto the canvas.
- Click the Edit icon.
In the Information tab, there are two options:
- Desktop will remove the user from all assignments to Desktop and Desktop contracts.
- SaaS will remove the user from all assignments to SaaS Contracts and also set the flag Delete in SaaS in the user's SaaS User record for all SaaS Software that the user is assigned to. This flag can be used to trigger individual SaaS user workflows for each of the SaaS systems such as:
- Deleting the user from the underlying SaaS System
- Do any additional user clean-up in that SaaS System like reassigning objects to different people
- Deactivating the user using the Archive block.
- In the Recipients tab, enter the recipients of the notifications. You have the option to select one or more of the following:
- Roles: To send the notification to users by roles you can select all roles, or one or more roles. For example, you may wish to send your notification to all Employees and Administrators in the organization.
- Users: To send the notification to Oomnitza users, type the names of the users that you want to be notified. The users must have been added to the People page in Oomnitza, otherwise, the usernames will not populate.
- Fields: Select one or more fields to send the notification to a user referenced in a field value. For example, select Created By to send the notification to a user whose email is referenced in the Created By field. When you run the workflow, all users identified in the workflow trigger (i.e. all offboarded users) with an email referenced in the Created By field will be emailed. You must make sure that the email address is valid and adheres to the proper format, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise, the notification will fail to send.
- Emails: To send the notification to a user outside of Oomnitza, such as someone's personal email, select Emails and manually enter the email address. Unlike the Users option mentioned in step 2, you are not limited by any email you can enter in this field.
- In the Message tab, create your message. To add metadata fields, click Add Metadata. You can create the body of the message using plain text or HTML.
- Select the checkbox to include a list of the licenses that were un-associated with that user. That list includes the following fields: Software Name, Contract Name, Contract Type, License Key
You can configure the header and footer of the email by configuring the
email.footer variables in the Global Settings table. Click Configuration > General > Global Settings.
Running the workflow
- Click Save and connect the blocks
- Validate the workflow and Launch, so that the workflow is now live in your system.