Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your assets and software as data from Kandjii is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Kandji in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key mobile asset, software, and user information
- Configurable reports to share information about mobile assets and users with your colleagues and management
- Configurable workflows that you can easily create to automate such tasks relating to Kandji as:
- Restarting, erasing, locking, and shutting down devices.
- Getting asset information.
- Clearing a device passcode and setting a device name.
Kandji is an Apple device management solution. For further information, refer to the Kandji website.
Before you start
Creating the asset integration
Info and connect details
- From the menu, select Configuration > Integrations.
- Click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Assets.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New Asset Integration sidebar, click Kandji.
- To integrate Oomnitza with the Kandji Asset Load (with Software), click APPLY and then click NEXT twice.
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as Kandji Devices and Software. That'll be the name of the integration that is shown on the Integrations page.
- To retrieve software information, select Software.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials from the Oomnitza vault that you added for the connection.
- From the Integration Preferences list, select Create & Update.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Enter your Kandji subdomain. For example, if the URL is
https:// subdomain .kandji.io, you enter the highlighted part of the URL
- Click Next.
Creating custom mappings
Map the Kandji fields to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the information that you need to manage your assets.
- Click SMART MAPPING.
- Create a custom mapping for the Kandji Device ID. To do this, complete the following steps:
- Select the down arrow on the Device Id field that you want to map.
- Select Add new Oomnitza assets field.
- Change the name of the field to Kandji Device ID
- Click CREATE.
- Map and assign a sync key to the Serial Number field.
- Click NEXT.
Standard Kandji to Oomnitza mappings
The following Kandji fields can be mapped to Oomnitza:
Connector Sync Time
Last Check In
Ensure that you select one of the fields as the Sync Key such as Device ID.
When you've completed mapping the Kandji fields to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, Kandji asset and software data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN.
Figure: Mock-up for illustration purposes
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
To view the information that is collected about your mobile assets, click Assets. To view the information about software , click an asset and then click the Software tab.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards
- Configure workflows
- Configure custom reports
See Getting started.
Did you know
You can also create extended connector integrations for Kandji users and Automated Device Enrollment assets.
Creating an extended integration for Kandji users