Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get complete visibility of your assets as data from ServiceNow is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and ServiceNow in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key asset and software information
- Configurable reports to share information about assets and software with your colleagues and management such as corporate-wide reports that detail the distribution and status of the assets and software in your environment
Before you start
Before you can create the integration with Oomnitza, you need to have added your ServiceNow OAuth credentials to Oomnitza. For further information, refer to Adding your ServiceNow credentials to Oomnitza.
Creating the integration
To configure the integration for the ServiceNow Asset Load, complete the following steps:
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > Integrations.
- Click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for Assets.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New Asset Integration sidebar, click ServiceNow.
- To integrate Oomnitza with the ServiceNow Asset Load, click APPLY and then click NEXT twice.
On the connect page, complete the following steps to connect the integration:
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as ServiceNow Assets. This name will be displayed on the Integrations page once the setup is complete.
- Select Cloud as the installation type.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials that you added in Adding the credentials.
- From the Integration Preferences list, select Create & Update.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Enter your Subdomain. If your ServiceNow URL is
https://mycompany.service-now.comyour subdomain would be:
- Click Next.
Creating custom mappings
Map ServiceNow fields to Oomnitza fields to get the asset information that you need. For the field mapping, it is recommended to follow these steps:
- Click Smart Mapping.
- Create a custom mapping for the CMDB CI ID. You will require this value when you create workflows. To create a custom mapping, do the following:
- Click the down arrow on the CMDB CI ID field that you want to map.
- Select Add new Oomnitza assets field.
- Change the name of the field to Service Now CMDB CI ID.
- Click CREATE.
- Map and assign a sync key to a unique field, such as the Serial Number.
- Click NEXT.
CMDB CI ID
Internal Sys ID
Sys Class Name
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your users and software
- Configure custom reports about your users and software
- Create workflows to automate tasks
See Getting started for more information.
Did you know
You can also create workflows for ServiceNow assets.
Creating workflows for ServiceNow assets