Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get complete visibility of your users as data from Gong is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Gong in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key user information
- Configurable reports to share information about users with your colleagues and management
Before you start
To stream Gong user data into Oomnitza, you must add Gong credentials to the credentials vault in Oomnitza.
You can use one of the following types of authentication to connect Gong to Oomnitza:
- Basic authentication. You'll need your Gong username and password.
- OAuth 2.0. You must contact Gong Support to enable OAuth 2.0 for your account and you'll need your Gong client ID and your Gong secret.
Add credentials to the vault in Oomnitza
To authorize connections between Oomnitza and Gong, complete these steps:
- Log into Oomnitza.
- Click Settings > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- Add the information details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Choose one of the following types of authorization:
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your Gong integrations with Oomnitza.
Create the user integration
Info and connect details
- From the menu, click Settings.
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for User Integrations.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New User Integration sidebar, click Gong.
- To integrate Oomnitza with Gong, choose one of the following options:
- Gong User Load to use basic authentication credentials.
- Gong User Load OAuth 2.0 to use OAuth 2.0 credentials.
- Click APPLY and then click NEXT twice.
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as Gong Users. That'll be the name of the user integration that is shown on the Integrations page.
- From the User Selection list, select User plus SaaS User.
- From the installation type list, select Cloud.
- From the Credentials list, select the credentials for Gong.
- From the Integration Preferences list, select Update only.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Click Next.
Map the Gong fields to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the user information that you need.
Complete these actions:
- Click SMART MAPPINGS.
- Crate custom mappings to map the Gong fields that you want to add to Oomnitza:
- Click the down arrow on the field that you want to map.
- Select Add new Oomnitza users field.
- Change the name of the field. For example, you can change the name of the Title field to Gong Title.
- Click CREATE.
- Assign an Oomnitza role to the users such as Employee.
- Assign a sync key to one of the fields such as the Email field.
- Click NEXT.
Custom Gong to Oomnitza mappings
The following Gong fields can be mapped to Oomnitza:
- Connector Sync Time
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- User Id
When you've completed mapping the Gong to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, Gong user data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see what information is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN.
Figure: Mock-up for illustration purposes
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your assets, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your assets and software
- Configure custom reports about your assets and software