Before you start
The SolarWinds integration for Web Help Desk uses Session Based authentication. You will need to supply your SolarWinds Username, Password and Web Web Help Desk Account Id when adding your credentials to Oomnitza.
For further information, refer to the SolarWinds Web Help Desk: API Documentation.
Adding your SolarWinds credentials
To stream SolarWinds user data into Oomnitza, complete the following steps:
- In Oomnitza, click Configuration > Security > Credentials.
- Click Add new credential (+).
- Search for the integration, and then click the forward button > to select the integration.
- Enter your session-based credentials and any other additional information.
- Click CREATE.
If the integration is not listed, click Advanced Mode, and add your credentials.
- Add the INFORMATION details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Ensure that Session Based is selected from the Authorization Type list.
- Ensure that SolarWinds is selected from the SaaS list.
- Enter your Username, Password and Web Web Help Desk Account Id.
- Click Create.
Adding the host name and port number as global variables
To save time entering information when you create the integration and the workflow, you can add the SolarWinds Web Help Desk hostname and port number as a global variable in Oomnitza.
- From the menu, go to Configuration>General.
- Click Global Settings.
- Click Add new variable (+).
- Enter SolarWinds.Host as the variable name.
- Enter your SolarWinds host name.
- Save your changes.
- Repeat the steps above and add SolarWinds.Port variable and value.