About adding roles
You can add new roles to meet your business needs. For example, you might want to add a role that grants read only access. Or, you might want to add a role that grants access to assets in a specific location.
Oomnitza has two default roles:
- Super Administrator
Users with the Super Administrators role have view, add, edit, and delete rights.
Users with the Employee role can log in to Oomnitza and see their assets and their record on the People page. They can also navigate to the Dashboards page, but can only view the charts and the data that was captured if access is granted to users with the employee role to view the dashboard information.
To make adding roles easier, you can inherit the permissions of existing roles, such as the default roles or new roles that were previously created, and then add or remove permissions.
For example, you might want to create a role based on the Employee role and then add more privileges such as read only access to assets in a specific location.
When you grant access privileges for some modules, such as assets and locations, you can also add filters to refine the information that is shown on the page.
If a module has a gray background, it means that access rights were set for the module. To modify the access rights, click the module and then click the object. And, make your changes.
- From the menu, click People.
- Click Roles, and then click Add.
- Enter the name of the role.
- Enter a description of the role.
- Add a new role. By default, the value is set to Own Role. To use a default or other role to configure the role, select one from the Primary UI Role list.
- In the Permissions tab, select a module. Choose one of the following options:
- Read-only access rights
- Add rights
- Add and edit rights
- Add, edit, and delete (no bulk actions) rights. You can add, edit, and delete one record at a time. Bulk add, edit, or delete operations are not supported..
- Add, edit, and delete rights
- Add, edit, and archive (no bulk actions) rights. You can add, edit, and archive one record at a time.
- Add, edit, and archive rights
- Add a filter if you want to refine the information that is shown. For example, you can create a filter for the Assets module that shows information about laptops. And, you can add a filter for the Location module that shows asset information for the location that you specify.
- Click SAVE.
You can now assign the role.