The following document will capture the available integration points with Datadog and how to configure them.
Following integrations are available with Datadog:
- Global Settings
- User Load
- SaaS User Role Integration
- Delete User API block integration
Before you can configure any of the available integrations with Datadog, you need to add credentials in the vault. Datadog requires a Token based authentication. This is the application key that you can create via Integrations > APIs > APIs > Create Application Key within Datadog.
We typically recommend creating a separate user for these integrations rather than creating the token from within an existing named user.
When entering the api key into the Oomnitza credentials, please specify them as:
- Type: API key
- Token name: DD-API-KEY
- API key: the datadog API key
- Add to: Header
To test the entered credential you may use the web service https://api.datadoghq.com/api/v1/validate
We recommend to set a few items in the Global Settings table that will be used as defaults in all the blocks for Datadog integration rather than having to specify them every single time. These settings are:
- DataDog.Application_Key - This is the application key that you can create via Integrations > APIs > APIs > Create Application Key. This application key is different from the authentication API key.
This preset requires token based authentication and allows you to load a list of users from Datadog into Oomnitza. Available mappings include:
- Connector Sync Time
- Created at timestamp
- User type
SaaS User Role Integration
This workflow block allows you to read a user’s role from Datadog. In order to enable this, you need to select this from the list of available SaaS User integrations and then provide the following parameters in configuration:
- Select the credentials that you created for Datadog
- Application key - as defined in global settings.
- Deactivate User
- If it’s checked, the SaaS user will be deactivated in the Oomnitza system if the user was not found in your Datadog instance.
Delete User API block integration
This API preset allows you to delete a user from Datadog. In order to start using this, you need to select it from the list of available presets and make following adjustments:
- Select the credentials that you created for Datadog in Authorization tab.
- Application key - can be maintained in Global Settings or overwritten locally by replacing [[Global_settings:DataDog.Application_Key:Shorttext]] in the Header tab.