Let Oomnitza be your single source of truth!
You'll get visibility of your Lansweeper users as data from Lansweeper is automatically transformed into consumable information and actionable insights.
Connect Oomnitza and Lansweeper in minutes
Get the information and insights that you need to reduce costs and the time that you spend on administration tasks such as:
- Configurable dashboards and list views of key user information
- Configurable reports to share information about users with your colleagues and management
Before you start
Lansweeper uses OAuth2.0 authentication. A client id and a secret are required to access the service. You can copy the client id and secret when editing an application, as documented in the Lansweeper API documentation.
Adding the credentials
To stream Lansweeper user data into Oomnitza, complete the following steps:
- Click Settings > Credentials, and then click Add new credential (+).
- Add the information details.
- Click the AUTHORIZATION tab.
- Select OAuth 2.0 as the authorization type.
- From the SaaS list, select Lansweeper.Lansweeper OAuth 2.0.
- Enter your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Authenticate the connection.
- Click CREATE.
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your Lansweeper (OAuth 2.0) integrations with Oomnitza.
You use the credentials that you added to create and customize your Lansweeper integrations with Oomnitza.
Creating the user integration
Info and connect details
- From the menu, click Settings.
- Click Integrations List View .
- On the Integrations page, scroll down to the Extended section for User Integrations.
- Click NEW INTEGRATION.
- In the New User Integration sidebar, click Lansweeper.
- Click APPLY next to the Lansweeper User Load, and then click NEXT twice.
On the connect page, complete the following steps to connect the integration:
- Enter a descriptive name for the integration such as Lansweeper User Load. This name will be displayed on the Integrations page once the setup is complete.
- From the User Selection list, select User plus SaaS User.
- From the Installation type list, select Cloud.
- From the Credentials list, select your credentials.
- From the Integration Preferences list, select Update only.
- Enter the name of the user of the integration.
- Click Next.
Creating custom mappings
Map the Lansweeper fields to Oomnitza fields and create custom mappings to get the user information that you need.
Complete these actions:
- Click Smart Mapping.
- You have the option to create custom mappings to map any other field that you want to add to Oomnitza. To create an optional custom mapping, do the following:
- Click the down arrow on the field that you want to map.
- Select Add new Oomnitza users field.
- Change the name of the field.
- Click CREATE.
- Map and assign a sync key to the Email field.
- Click NEXT.
Note: For all user loads, it is recommended that you map role information to an employee role in Oomnitza. Users need to have an employee role defined in order to access Oomnitza. If the role information is not available from the user load, it is recommended that you select Employee from the Oomnitza Role dropdown list. You have the option to overwrite this at a later point should the role information become available.
Standard Lansweeper to Oomnitza mappings
The following Lansweeper fields can be mapped to Oomnitza:
Connector Sync Time
Last Time Access
When you've completed mapping the Lansweeper to Oomnitza fields, click NEXT.
By default, user data is streamed to Oomnitza once every day.
You can configure the schedule to meet your needs such as changing the interval or changing the time so that the data is streamed when your system isn't busy.
- Configure your schedule.
- Click FINISH.
A new tile is created for the integration on the Integrations page.
What to do next
If you want to see the information that is collected now, click the tile on the Integrations page and click RUN NOW.
If you want to change the integration settings, you can click a navigation link on the page, such as 4 Mappings, and edit the settings.
You can create user workflows to reduce your workload and automate complex and repetitive tasks. For example, provided that you have the fields mapped in your integration, you could trigger a workflow to notify you every time a new user is onboarded. To create a notification workflow, complete the following steps:
- From the menu, click People> Workflow.
- Click Add (+). The Begin and End blocks are automatically added to the sandbox.
- Enter the name and a description of the workflow.
- Edit the Begin block by adding the rules that will trigger the workflow. For information on the type of triggers you can create, refer to Begin Block.
- Click the Blocks tab, and drag and drop the Notification block onto the canvas.
- Customize your Notification block so that you can receive a notification when the Begin block is triggered. For information on customizing the Notification block, refer to Notification Workflow Block.
- Connect the blocks.
- Validate, launch, and save your workflow.
Unleash the power of Oomnitza
To get valuable actionable insights that help you manage your users, learn how to:
- Configure dashboards for your users and software
- Configure custom reports about your users and software
- Create workflows to automate tasks
See Getting started for more information.