You can use the import feature to update and create new records.
Illustration of the import workflow
Before you start
Complete the following actions to ensure that the import completes successfully:
- Create a CSV, XLS, or XLSX file or create a Google Sheets document.
- Add a column heading to the first row that includes the fields that are required to create or update a record. For example, you might need to provide the serial number for assets, endpoints, infrastructure, and networking.
- Insert a row for every record and populate the values under the column heading.
To promote data hygiene and integrity, administrators can block the import of records that don't contain values for mandatory fields. See Global settings.
Illustration: You can export records from the pages marked with the icon .
- Click an object such as Hardware > All Assets.
Click Import and choose an upload option:
- To import records using CSV, XLS, or XLSX files, use the File Upload tab.
- To import records using Google Sheets, click the Google Sheets tab.
Select your import preference:
- Create new records
- Update existing records
- Update existing records and create new records
Click Advanced and make your changes. You can complete the following actions:
- Restore archived records
- Change the Time zone
- Add tags to your import
- Receive an email when the import completes.
- Click Continue.
Choose one of the following options:
- Click Smart Mapping. If the column headers in the spreadsheet match the field names in the record, all of the fields will be automatically mapped.
- Click the down arrow on the imported field and select the target field.
- Click Template. Use the mapping that was used in a previous import or save the current mapping as a template.
- Assign a sync key. Only attributes with unique values can be used as the sync key.
- Click VALIDATE. If errors are generated, click SHOW DETAILS. You can continue with the import if you get warning errors. If you get block errors, you must resolve them in the import file and upload them again.
- Click IMPORT.
- Once the validation is complete, click Import.
Importing custom object records
Sample import files attachments
Please sign in to leave a comment.