Use bar charts to compare values or to show the distribution of values such as the number of devices at each location.
Mock-up of bar chart
- From the menu, click Dashboards.
- Click Add Widget.
- Select Bar chart as the chart type.
- Enter the chart name.
- Choose who can view the chart. By default, the chart is visible to all users who have dashboard privileges.
- Select Allow table view. When selected, users can switch from chart to table view.
Data source and Measurement y-axis
- From the Object list, select a module such as Assets.
- Select an object or a saved search to add data to the chart.
- Enter the name of the label that you want to show on the y-axis.
- From the Calculation type list, choose an option.
- Enter the name of the label that you want to show on the x-axis.
- From the Field list, select a field.
- In the Empty value title field, enter the name of the label that you want to show when no data is available.
- Choose the selection type, the number of items that you want to be shown in the chart, and the display order.
- Optional: Select Other.
- Click SAVE.
The bar chart is created. You can click on the bars to get a detailed view of the information.
The name of the chart.
Specify who can view the chart.
You can select an attribute of an object or you can use a saved report to filter the data that is shown in the chart.
Measurement (Y-Axis) settings
The name of the label for the y-axis.
You can choose total, sum, or average. If you select sum or average, you must select the field.
The name of the label for the x-axis.
The data source for x-axis values.
Empty Value Title
The name of the label for the column in bar charts or slice in donut charts that you want to show when values aren't retrieved.
You can choose one of the following options:
- Top by. Select items with the highest values.
- Bottom by. Select items with the lowest values.
- Manual. Choose the items that you want to show in the chart.
Available for top by and bottom by selection and for bar charts, stacked bar charts, and donut charts.
Specify the number of bars or slices that you want to show in the chart.
Choose one of the following display orders:
Empty value title
If the field that you selected for the x-axis, doesn't contain a value, the bar shows the average, sum, or total, depending on the calculation type that you chose, of the fields that contain no values.
Shows aggregated information that was not selected by user, but is stored in the system.