Use donut charts to show the relative size of things such as the number of laptops, tablets, and mobile phones in relation to the total number of assets.
- From the menu, click Dashboards.
- Click Add Widget.
- Select the Donut chart as the chart type.
- Enter the chart name.
- Choose who can view the chart. By default, the chart is visible to all users who have dashboard privileges.
- Select Allow table view. When selected, users can switch from chart to table view.
- From the Default counter type list, you can select either percentage or number of records.
When the dashboard is generated, you can toggle the values from numbers to percentages.
Data Source, Measurement y-axis, and Dimension x-axis
- From the Object list, select a module such as Assets.
- Select an object or a saved search to add data to the chart.
- From the Calculation type list, choose Sum or Total.
- Enter the name of the label that you want to show on the x-axis.
- From the Field list, select a field.
- In the Empty value title field, enter the name of the label that you want to show when no data is available.
- Choose the selection type, the number of slices that you want to be shown in the chart, and the display order.
- Optional: Select Other.
- Click SAVE.
The name of the chart.
Specify who can view the chart.
You can select an attribute of an object or you can use a saved report to filter the data that is shown in the chart.
Measurement (Y-Axis) settings
You can choose sum or total. If you select sum, you must select the field.
The name of the label for the x-axis.
The data source for x-axis values.
Empty Value Title
The name of the label for the column in bar charts or slice in donut charts that you want to show when values aren't retrieved.
You can choose one of the following options:
- Top by. Select items with the highest values.
- Bottom by. Select items with the lowest values.
- Manual. Choose the items that you want to show in the chart.
Specify the number of slices that you want to show in the chart.
Choose one of the following display orders:
Shows aggregated information that was not selected by the user, but is stored in the system.